Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For playing Wii and Wii U I recommend using a Dolphin bar and original controllers (instructions and links included)

+2
Davelar3212
Sahadd Prawser
6 posters

Go down

For playing Wii and Wii U I recommend using a Dolphin bar and original controllers (instructions and links included) Empty For playing Wii and Wii U I recommend using a Dolphin bar and original controllers (instructions and links included)

Post by Sahadd Prawser Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:04 am

Doing this makes it play exactly like an original Wii and takes all the fuss out of adjusting to the xbox controller style of play.

https://www.amazon.ca/Mayflash-W010-Wireless-Sensor-DolphinBar/dp/B00HZWEB74

You plug the dolphin bar in to a usb port, sync your wii motes to the bar (there are sync buttons to use) and then choose "real wiimote" from the dolphin emulator controls menu. See here for a screenshot and explanation on control options from the creators of dolphin:

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Configuring_Controllers

Once you have done this just make sure your controllers are on and play the game through the arcade drive. Couldn't be easier!

Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 419
Hi Scores : 25

Back to top Go down

For playing Wii and Wii U I recommend using a Dolphin bar and original controllers (instructions and links included) Empty Re: For playing Wii and Wii U I recommend using a Dolphin bar and original controllers (instructions and links included)

Post by Davelar3212 Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:39 am

will the dolphin bar work as a light gun emulator in mame?

Davelar3212

Bonus Coins : 30
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

For playing Wii and Wii U I recommend using a Dolphin bar and original controllers (instructions and links included) Empty Re: For playing Wii and Wii U I recommend using a Dolphin bar and original controllers (instructions and links included)

Post by Marty Fenwick Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:45 pm

I was actually looking for this in the tutorials section. Anyway, Before I take the plunge setting up the 360 to emulated wii controller - I see others on youtube with this setup running with xbox360 controllers. How well will Xbox 360's work with this Wii setup? Thanks, Marty

Sorry quick edit - Haven't tried with all games but seems to work with some, getting Nunchuk error on others?

Marty Fenwick

Bonus Coins : 71
Hi Scores : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Al-Ghzawi Tue May 29, 2018 1:50 am

i got the may flash bar bar and did the settings and everything goes will outside hyper spin but in hyperspin emulator reset the controls to emulated not real wii mote, any idea how change this for good?

Al-Ghzawi

Bonus Coins : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:32 pm

Davelar3212 wrote:will the dolphin bar work as a light gun emulator in mame?

James and I were working on a program that would allow the wii controller to do that, I failed miserably at getting it to work in any way. I'm not sure how much progress he made.
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:34 pm

Your mileage will vary, I find xbox controller doesn't work nearly as well for some games as the wii controller and works fine for others. For the small extra cost I strongly recommend real wii motes and dolphin bar.

Marty Fenwick wrote:I was actually looking for this in the tutorials section. Anyway, Before I take the plunge setting up the 360 to emulated wii controller - I see others on youtube with this setup running with xbox360 controllers. How well will Xbox 360's work with this Wii setup? Thanks, Marty

Sorry quick edit - Haven't tried with all games but seems to work with some, getting Nunchuk error on others?
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahadd Prawser Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:36 pm

There may be 3 different dolphin emulators you need to change settings on. Once you do that the controls should not be changing back... Unless Chris has changed something with the controls scheme. In the main emulators folder by sure to open up each "dolphin" folder, launch the program and change to the original wii mote. My setup is a pile of cables right now so I cannot test and I'm leaving the country for a month but normally this should be easy to get going.

Al-Ghzawi wrote:i got the may flash bar bar and did the settings and everything goes will outside hyper spin but in hyperspin emulator reset the controls to emulated not real wii mote, any idea how change this for good?
Sahadd Prawser
Sahadd Prawser
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian K Patten Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:32 am

I am experiencing the same issue with the controls being reset. A permanent change would be nice

Brian K Patten

Bonus Coins : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by James M Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:35 am

I gave up on this, I couldn't figure out the DolphinBar enough to make a program to fix or make it permanent.

If we get a resident pro that knows how DolphinBar saves its' settings and where it saves it to, i can capture that similar to settingssaver, but, i don't know enough about the ins and outs of the program at this point.
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down