Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone interested in a wheel with undubbed games and patched (translated) games?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone interested in a wheel with undubbed games and patched (translated) games? Empty Anyone interested in a wheel with undubbed games and patched (translated) games?

Post by FlipFlop Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:12 pm

I usually prefer the undubbed version of games, so I've been gathering the corresponding roms in my personal collection. My plan is to integrate it to Chris' drive when the drive is in a state I no longer will worry about updating, but if there is interest from others, maybe we could do something together and create a wheel for this.

Undubbed games are games that had the localized audio (usually english) switched with the original audio of the game (usually japanese) while retaining the written english subtitles so you can understand what is being said. It is more common in games with an anime aesthetic like JRPGs.

As a side note, I was also considering merging this inside a wheel dedicated from patched roms (example - roms with translation patches applied). The idea behind a wheel specifically used for patched roms would be to have easy access to the plethora of japanese translated games that I (or we) likely missed from playing due to them never being localized to the west. It would definitely be one of my most accessed wheels. Thios could or could not include games that have been patched but not due to translation (example - Simons Quest II redacted)

I'm still in the process of gathering the roms. I have the undub project compilation for PS2, PSP, DS and other scattered games (maybe I have the 3DS one as well, gotta check). If this ends up integrated with Chris' main drive, then we would probably need to keep both versions of each roms so people can still choose to play the localized version with english audio (if it's a private job only on my drive, I will likely just delete the localized versions on my drive since I won't play them).

Anyway, is there an interest from other in this in the first place?
FlipFlop
FlipFlop

Bonus Coins : 18
Hi Scores : 1

Back to top Go down

Anyone interested in a wheel with undubbed games and patched (translated) games? Empty Re: Anyone interested in a wheel with undubbed games and patched (translated) games?

Post by Michael Dale Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Yes, especially tales series game. I love rpg's but I can not get into it when it is in Japanese with no translations. Japanese voice acting is fine but when there are no subtitles it just isn't as fun and harder to play honestly. I think it be awesome to have a wheel with them already translated.
Michael Dale
Michael Dale

Bonus Coins : 142
Hi Scores : 9

Back to top Go down

Anyone interested in a wheel with undubbed games and patched (translated) games? Empty Re: Anyone interested in a wheel with undubbed games and patched (translated) games?

Post by FlipFlop Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:40 pm

Michael Dale wrote:Yes, especially tales series game. I love rpg's but I can not get into it when it is in Japanese with no translations. Japanese voice acting is fine but when there are no subtitles it just isn't as fun and harder to play honestly. I think it be awesome to have a wheel with them already translated.

I'm in the process of consolidating my undubbed / patched games as I continue making my retropie image. It's a slow process, but when I finish it, I'll see what can be done about said wheel. I also have all the Tales games, I believe, in undubbed form.
FlipFlop
FlipFlop

Bonus Coins : 18
Hi Scores : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by James M Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:41 am

There's a website that has tons of translated games, we can incorporate; but someone needs to compile them and put them in folders by game system.

I can then see what i can do making them in wheels and putting it together.
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down