Hyper Arcade Systems
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SOLVED!] Something keeps changing my mame.ini file (custom setup, marking solved)

2 posters

Go down

[SOLVED!] Something keeps changing my mame.ini file (custom setup, marking solved) Empty [SOLVED!] Something keeps changing my mame.ini file (custom setup, marking solved)

Post by Control4reak Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:07 pm

I have added some custom lines to my xarcade.cfg ctntrl file located in D:\Arcade\Emulators\MAME\Mame 185\cntrlr\xarcade.cfg
I have specified the path of the ctrl file as well as the name xarcade within the mame.ini file located D:\Arcade\Emulators\MAME\Mame 185\ini\mame.ini

For some reason after loading hyperspin, the mame.ini file gets changed and leaves the ctrlr line blank which causes my custom controls not to load.

Is there something else that is touching the mame.ini file and what should I be looking for?

Control4reak

Bonus Coins : 70
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED!] Something keeps changing my mame.ini file (custom setup, marking solved) Empty Re: [SOLVED!] Something keeps changing my mame.ini file (custom setup, marking solved)

Post by James M Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:23 am

This is an un-supported setup and we can't really help with it, we just have no way of helping every custom setup, don't have the time.

However, I can help you with what is happening and what to look for.

The controls files are updated every time you sync/update, it adds and injects a controller ID into the setup every time you run the update process. It shouldn't change with Mame, but it can be, I can't think of right now what would be changing it other than a sync, it doesn't write per-run; only when update.

It could be RocketLauncher since RL launches custom J2K profile per emulator/game system run. It could be something in the install script or exit script for HyperHQ. I just don't know.

I'll ask Chris too.
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Bonus Coins : 1503
Hi Scores : 37

https://jdm001.wixsite.com/jimmerscripts

Back to top Go down

[SOLVED!] Something keeps changing my mame.ini file (custom setup, marking solved) Empty Re: [SOLVED!] Something keeps changing my mame.ini file (custom setup, marking solved)

Post by James M Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:23 am

FYI Marking this post solved, this doesn't mean that we will not continue to help with this issue. Moving this because the above will solve this issue 99% of the time and help other users; so we want to get it to the SOLVED section. If you are still personally having the same issue, please continue to post in this thread and we will continue to assist if we can; the moving of the post is to help others, it doesn't mean we are ending viewing this thread.
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Control4reak Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:22 pm

James thanks for looking into this! This isn't much of a customization rather than just adding 4 lines to the mame.ini file to permanently map my USB gun controllers so that don't lose their USB ID which changes sometimes after a reboot. I have noticed that something is writing to the mame.ini and killing any settings.

I have made a temporary fix by making the mame.ini file read only.

It would be nice to get an overview on what settings you guys are making to the cntrlr file and what Joy2Key files are setup so we can have a better understanding and help with future custom arcade panels.

Thanks!

Control4reak

Bonus Coins : 70
Hi Scores : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by James M Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:40 am

Yes, we need a lot of documentation but chris wasn’t interested in doing that yet. I myself only understand about 80% of the drives controls process.

We’re looking at implementing the USB ids thing too, I wanted to do that and it’s why we updated MAME a while back.

Can you post your MAME ini file and highlight the I’d section. Once I see where it is, I can see if we can have the injector script ignore that part.

Sent from Topic'it App
James M
James M
Final Boss
Final Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down